Reactor coolant pump sets
CDBMB has designed a new main circulation pump for NPPs
GTsNA-1753 increases the competitiveness in the global market by creating the unique product, which has no analogues at famous manufacturers GTsNA
New GTsNA-1753 provides the following benefits:
- Using tricycle landing structure with a single shaft and elimination of one bearing increases efficiency of GTsNA and saves electric power.
- Elimination of the oil system (oil container, oil cooler and oil pump) leads to pump’s weight reduction and increases fire safety of the reactor compartment;
- Maximum unification and referentiality with GTsNA nodes previously exploited (high reliability);
- Easy access to radial support bearing, possibility of repair without dismantling the engine – decreases time losses;
- Enlargement of overhaul period at 1.5 times allows to exploit single-shaft GTsNA-1753 on NPPs with 18-month fuel cycle;
- Improved characteristics of reliability and increasing efficiency of the new GTsNA lead to significant cost savings.
The GTsN-1391 Reactor Coolant Pump is designed to circulate the coolant in the closed circuit of NPP with WWER-1000 (earthquake-resistant design). The pump is centrifugal, single-stage, vertical with a unit of a face shaft seal, cantilever impeller, axial water supply and a remote asynch
ronous motor (with a flywheel).
Just before switching on the pump to decrease frictional forces in operational pairs of the radial-axial bearing an unloading electromagnet is used.
- There are two unfastening zones for reacting seismic loads.
- There are stops to restrict the pump emergency moving when the primary circuit pipe-line is broken.
- Bearings are cooled and lubricated with water.
- High reliability, long continuous operation.
|Head, m (kgf/cm2)||
89.4 ± 3.5 (6.5 ± 0.25)
|Coolant temperature, °С||
290 ÷ 300
|Inlet pressure, МPа (kgf/сm2)||
|Pump unit power:|
|-at hot water, kW||
|-at cold water, kW||
|Supply voltage, V||
|Supply frequency, Hz||
|Moment of inertia (CD2), тЧм2||
|Rotational speed (synchronous), rpm||
|Mass (electric motor), tons||
|Overall dimensions, mm:|
|Cooling water flow, m3:|
|-radial bearing and operational seal unit||
graphite-fluoroplast on steel
|Operation without maintenance, hr||